What is paternalism
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Warning, Plural: Be | vor | mun | dung
- IPA: [ˌBəˈfoɐ̯mʊndʊŋ] Plural: [ˌBəˈfoɐ̯mʊndʊŋ̩]
- 1) Free decisions excluding or inhibiting, mostly unintentional influence of third parties on people
- 1) Noun of the verb patronize (this from guardian / guardianship)
- 1) Incapacitation, supervision, mothering, care, guidance
- 1) cooperation
- 1) We have Paternalism and police, and the "limited sense of the subject" still forms the basis of all kinds of good and bad meanings. (Theodor Fontane, A Summer in London, for Project Gutenberg)
- 1) My last public meeting before the war, in which I spoke on the subject: “The Paternalism des Geistes durch den Säbel "was mainly concerned with the prohibition of the performance of Wedekind's" Simson, "which the Munich theater had prepared for its fiftieth birthday. (Erich Mühsam, non-political memories, Frank Wedekind's last years, for the Gutenberg project)
- 1) Privy Councilor Feyerabend enjoyed the supervision, PaternalismMothering through them in all human and divine things in a way that made all defenses that people set up against themselves in church and state superfluous for them personally. (Wilhelm Raabe, Altershausen, II, for the Gutenberg project)
- Nominative: singular the paternalism; Plural the paternalism
- Genitive: singular of paternalism; Plural of paternalism
- Dative: singular of paternalism; Plural the paternalism
- Accusative: singular the paternalism; Plural the paternalism
- English: 1) paternalism, patronage
- Swedish: 1) formynderi, formyndarskap
- Incapacitation, guardian
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Critics throw the animal protection association Paternalism in front.“
Mopo, February 07, 2019
„A lot can happen where people live together. Some things should be regulated, others better not. About bans and Paternalism through the ages.“
sueddeutsche.de, September 13, 2018
„Federal President Steinmeier has called on citizens to face the danger of Paternalism and actively oppose manipulation through digitization.“
dradio.de, June 20, 2019
„In China there is currently an ideas competition on how to increase the birth rate again. In the social networks, however, there is resistance to one Paternalism Through the state.“
NZZ Online, August 22, 2018
„In Berlin, the smoking ban law is to be tightened. Hookah bars, steamers and hospital patients would be renewed by this Paternalism particularly restricted.“
Novo, April 29, 2019
„Do you like your meat well done and love cappuccino after pizza? Stupid, but then you may not be the right guest. About the new Paternalism in the restaurant.“
sueddeutsche.de, February 28, 2020
„What is offered to us today as modern mobility is a program of Paternalism and redistribution, thinks our author. The car has gone from being a cult object to being an object of hatred, while bicycles hinder traffic.“
Welt.de, March 7, 2020
„Social networks are viewed critically in connection with the formation of political opinion. Regulation measures, however, would come Paternalism the citizen same.“
NZZ, February 19, 2020
„The Iraqis have been protesting against the corrupt and incompetent state for months. For the first time it is also openly against them Paternalism through the powerful neighbor Iran.“
Die Zeit, November 17, 2019
„The Federal Council takes action against the bikers. You shouldn't be allowed to drive on the weekend. This is an unnecessary encroachment and an outrageous one Paternalism of people through politics, says Gunnar Schupelius.“
B.Z., May 25, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- bondage: State of lawlessness and exploitation
- oppression: Prevention of an event; severe discrimination against persons (groups)
- submission: the act of surrendering to someone; Acceptance of (forced) rule or power; violent appropriation of a domain
- enslavement: Action (and its result) of placing someone completely under the power of another person
Another word (synonym) for paternalism - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "paternalism":
humanity: Wherever they can, they too try to pave the way for their goal and this goal will probably be the freedom of human beings from any positive tutelage and the development of pure humanity
patronize: ... do not allow oneself to be patronized Derived words: Patronize, patronize, patronizing Translations English: tell what to do (all the time), treat like a child, act as ...
Patronizing:… IPA: [bəˈfoːɐ̯mʊndʊŋən] Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun paternalism genitive plural of the noun paternalism dative plural of the noun ...
Thumb: ... 1) historical: broad sword 2) no plural, colloquial, especially with relatives: paternalism, domination a) being under someone's thumb, standing: from ...
Advice is also a blow:… ˈƩlɛːɡə] Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Notes can be interpreted by the opposite as reprimand or patronizing Examples of use: 1) “It is not for nothing that the ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Patronizing" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Bevormundung/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "patronizing" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Patronizing (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Be | vor | mun | dun | gen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Storage (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Vorratung; Most of the stocks ...
Stocks (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Be | vor | ra | tun | gen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
population (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular population; Majority of populations genitive: ...
Populations (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Be | völ | ke | run | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Population share (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular population share; Majority of the population ...
Population shares (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Dative Singular: Population share Hyphenation: ...
Population shares (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Be | völ | ke | rungs | an | teil | len Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: ...
Proportion of the population (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Population Share Hyphenation: Be | völ | ke | rungs | an | tei | les ...
Proportion of the population (German) Part of speech: Declined form Subforms: Population share Hyphenation: Be | völ | ke | rungs | an | partly ...
- How does a spinet piano work
- What are standard characters in melodrama
- Where do you apply contour and bronzer
- Is it worth buying the Nokia 6
- Made Google Chrome
- Are Warrior Golf Clubs good
- I have a twin
- Should I go to college in the Netherlands?
- Should I study or read a book?
- How economical are road trips in India
- Is yoga can be done after the bath
- Who invented the dilatometer?
- What does it mean to be a scientist
- What is the gate of reckoning
- How common is freelance software engineering
- Supervised learning can have 100 percent accuracy
- What are the main causes of RLS
- Can demonization not lead to any income tax
- Why do Olympic swimmers use protective goggles
- Communicate equally between men and women
- Why is Quora only in one language
- Which city is called the pink city
- Can someone become like an ENFJ
- What made you change?