Who is the father of plant physiology
Biographical information from the manual "Who was who in the GDR?":
Born in Vandsburg (Krs. Flatow, Westpr./ Więcbork, Poland); Father teacher; from 1919 in Schwedt, visiting the humanist there. High school, 1928 Abitur; 1928 - 34 studies of natural science, especially botany, at the Univ. Kiel, Munich, Vienna and Greifswald, 1934 Dr. phil .; 1934 St.-Ex. for the higher teaching post, afterwards research scholarship at the Botan. Inst. Of the Univ. Greifswald; 1936-40 assistant at the Botan. Inst. Of the Univ. Bonn, 1939 Habil .; 1940 lecturer in botany; 1940 - 42 employees of the State Research Institute for Plant Physiology in Posen, 1942-45 senior assistant at the Institute for General Botany and lecturer for botany / plant physiology at the "Reich University" Posen in 1941; 1942 - 45 Wehrmacht; 1945 - 48 Soviet prisoner of war, connections to the NKFD, permitted 1947/48 laboratory assistant at the Nikita garden near Yalta (Crimea).
Dec. 1948 return to Germany; 1949 SED, member of the ZV of the DSF; 1949 professor with teaching assignment, 1950 professor with full teaching assignment, 1951 - 73 professor with professorship for botany at EMAU Greifswald; 1949 - 68 Director of the Botan. Inst. And until 1972 Director of the Botan. Garden; 1950 - 52 development and 1952 - 55 director of the inst. For agrobiol. (Incorporated into the Botan. Inst. In 1963); 1951 - 54 Vice Rector for Research and Deputy Rector; 1954 - 57 Chairman of the Science Advisory board for Biol. At the Staatssekr. for HS beings; 1956 VVO; 1957 - 59 Rector of EMAU Greifswald (successor of Gerhardt Katsch); 1957/58 Director of the Inst. For Plant Ecology (merged with the Botan. Inst. In 1958); 1968 - 73 liters in the field of general botany and plant physiology of the Sect. Biol .; 1971/72 Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics / Natural Sciences; 1973 em .; 1959 - 67 members of the President and 1980 honorary member the Biol. Ges. of the GDR; 1969 member of the Leopoldina; 1975 visiting professor at the Univ. Nijmegen (Netherlands); died in Greifswald.
Main areas of work: plant physiology, especially cell physiology and physiology of growth and development, microbiol .; B. created one of the leading botanicals in Greifswald. Univ.-Inst. of the GDR.
© Ch. Links Verlag holds the copyrights to the lexicon and all of its parts. The further use of biographies or sections thereof requires the consent of the publisher.
Editorial deadline: October 2009. The editors cannot guarantee that the biographies will be continuously updated. As far as known, death dates are updated at regular intervals. Change and correction requests are checked by the editors of the manual and if necessary. incorporated.
Ch. Links Verlag, Prinzenstrasse 85 D, 10969 Berlin,
- What is your superhuman strength
- Is Cuba safer than Russia
- What's your favorite scenario Everyone dies
- Who was the last bald president
- What is Donald Trump's biggest badass moment
- How do Przewalski's horses raise their young
- Is electromagnetism part of classical mechanics
- What is the purpose of beauty contests
- Why do people admire Michelle Obama
- What are the most useful Chrome apps
- What is Indian Maritime Interest
- What is Akismet Api Key Wordpress
- What are some misconceptions about pigeons
- Can you throw away records?
- What does an IAESTE internship look like
- What is Kasturi
- Is the iOS 6 beta stable
- Is Rahul Gandhi really PAPPU
- What are good arts activities for preschool
- Bats fly during the day
- Which are the game schools in Jharkhand
- What is the placement percentage of COEP
- STR is a keyword in Python
- What does my savings account portfolio look like
- What degrees can you get from YOU
- What types of software does India export
- What is the main thing in the mud
- What is meant by morphology
- Is Qatar really visa-free for Morocco
- What percentage is water on earth
- Do fruits have carbohydrates
- How did Spock die
- How did the early man develop