Why did Claire leave Frank
Why would Claire Underwood leave Frank?
At the end of the third season of House of Cards, Claire Underwood announces that she is leaving Frank, allegedly because she can no longer stand his condescending and abusive behavior.
But I thought that a political beast as smart and ambitious as Clair Underwood isn't going to leave its president with husband just because she's angry no matter what. She should know how to control her emotions and swallow whatever comes his way. At this point, she needs him more than he needs her to get to where she wants to be (presumably the President of the United States).
She also made a deal with Frank to help each other get elected. If she goes away, she won't get anything.
I think the whole act just doesn't make sense. What better explanation why Claire would leave Frank immediately?
Claire is a political beast indeed, but not to the extent of Machiavellian Frank. Over the past three seasons, she has shown increasing signs of doubt about the moral sacrifices she has made in order to be who she is today. This culminated in her publicly shameful President Petrov on live television about Corrigan's suicide. Her rise to power also reached a plateau and sank after her short and difficult career as UN ambassador as unsuccessful.
By the end of season three, Claire deeply challenged her choices and had very little political clout. Frank's own power seems to be waning, too, despite his best efforts. At that moment Claire decided it was time to leave the ship.
- Who is Quora's target market
- Rivers can split
- Are electric cars practical
- What is a HANA database
- How much do you like math
- How long does the MMR vaccine last
- Cats have vaginas
- Do Laws should reflect the moral position of the majority
- Do you know a free hosting reseller
- Is a formal educational job safe
- How is viscosity the diffusion of momentum
- Why do you think Jeff Sessions stepped down
- Is there a natural treatment for lipomas
- Which is the best value chain hotel chain
- Are borazine and borazole the same
- The IMDB website is operated by WordPress
- What does PDA mean in social media
- How can I discover my bot
- Pitches are VCs who are interested in the team
- How is gerrymandering affecting the congressional elections
- What is the simplest ketone
- What is NAV Financial Reporting for Microsoft
- What do you use for your depression
- Somebody hack the Russians