What is reverse MBA
New ETH training program for managers - technical basics for a career kick
The MAS in Applied Technology is intended to convey important technologies and scientific fundamentals. (Image: ETH Zurich / Robert Lettow, LPC)
Career steps into middle and upper management in technology-oriented companies often require an increase in knowledge: Experts with an engineering or scientific background acquire the basics of the market economy in MBA programs. However, people with an education in economics or non-technical fields have so far had no comparable opportunity to acquire technological and scientific fundamentals that enable a similar career advancement.
Against this background, ETH Zurich, together with Swissmem and representatives of technology companies such as ABB, developed the advanced training program “Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) ETH in Applied Technology”. The MAS provides existing and potential executives with the scientific basis, future trends and a better understanding of applied science and technology.
For technology companies, the MAS is an ideal means of overcoming the shortage of skilled workers and increasing diversity in senior management. The target audience includes line, product and project managers with business or limited technical backgrounds who need a better understanding of science and technology to advance their careers.
The two-year, part-time MAS has a modular structure and consists of four CAS programs (Certificate of Advanced Studies), which can also be taken individually and each can be completed with a CAS diploma. The first three CAS focus on specific technology areas such as information technology, manufacturing technology and energy (further CAS technology areas are planned). The fourth CAS conveys the basics of research, development and innovation. For a master’s degree, students must complete these four CAS programs as well as an experimental project and the master’s thesis.
An information event for interested potential participants and personnel developers will take place at ETH on March 5, 2020. Further information, including the upcoming application deadlines, can be found at: www.mas-at.ethz.ch or from Maria Polito, Program Director, [email protected], +41 44 632 01 74.
- Where do I start when I learn hacking
- What is the resemblance between dream and destiny
- Survival pigs in the Middle East
- Is ABVP really bad
- How wooden houses are made strong
- How dangerous is a rabid wolf spider
- Were the Egyptians really obsessed with death?
- Can spirits attain class consciousness
- Why does software need to be maintained
- How do scientists monitor water quality
- What is Yelp
- Pop other foods like popcorn
- How can Quora be useful to me?
- How is a total artificial heart implanted
- ADD can be treated in full
- Why are Trump's tweets losing their power?
- Which Ayurvedic medicine is best for depression
- Where did you learn graphic design perfectly
- What is the earlier form of see
- Are electric lawn mowers worth it
- What will Trump announce tomorrow
- What is the name of the Islamic calendar
- Antivirus software is essentially a virus
- What is feldspar used for?
- Why would a narcissist cheat on another person
- Why avoid bees when feeding hummingbirds
- What's Common in Jimmy John's Avocado
- Why do people hate Bill Clinton
- Which political party is better educated?
- How can the NPT treaty be improved?
- Drugs make you a better artist
- If your dream superhero had any flaws
- Why haven't we abolished free will yet?