What is an anti-profit provision
Proposal for an anti-BEPS directive from the EU Commission - an important cornerstone
| On January 28, 2016, the EU Commission presented a proposal for a directive on the results of the OECD initiative on BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Shifting), which aims to tailor the corporate tax systems of all 28 member states to efficiently combat the aggressive tax planning strategies of multinational companies. The proposals show strong parallels to German tax regulations. The present article analyzes whether there is still a need for selective improvement for the German legislator. |
1. About the background
On October 5th, 2015, the OECD published the final reports with its recommendations for combating profit reduction and profit shifting (base erosion and profit shifting - BEPS). During the development process it became clear that an intensive exchange of ideas between the OECD and the EU was being proactively promoted. On June 17, 2015, the EU Commission published an action plan for fair and efficient corporate taxation in the EU (COM (2015) 302 final). In order to combat abusive tax avoidance strategies and also to create more transparent conditions for the member states, the Commission identified five key areas, the further development of which should ensure fair and efficient corporate taxation within the EU. The discussion on the BEPS issue is thus closely linked between the two institutions. With the publication of a proposal for an anti-BEPS guideline (hereinafter: BEPS-RL) an important foundation stone is laid for this.
2. Overview of the policy provisions
First, Articles 1 to 3 of the BEPS Directive deal with general provisions: In order to ensure the broadest possible scope of application, Article 1 of the BEPS Directive stipulates that the provisions should apply to all corporation taxpayers within the EU as well as to their permanent establishments in third countries.
- What is tiyula itum soup
- How did President Obama change immigration reform
- How is Niemann Pick disease inherited?
- How does Bluetooth Low Energy work
- What are some examples of autotrophs
- How good is McDonald's Oreo McFlurry
- What is the use of cytarabine
- Where do CFOs participate in social media?
- How is human health affected by computers
- How is the TCS Ahmedabad training center
- Are there services for writing poetry?
- How was Jesus born before Christ
- What is reverse engineering logic
- What are deferred defects in manual tests
- What's your favorite water brand
- All accountants are boring
- What is a dirty egg
- What is a doubly linked list 1
- Why are neighbors always welcome
- How do you become a full-bodied person
- What is the fee structure of FDDI
- Why is my father abusing me
- Are Bosch dishwashers hardwired or pluggable?
- How can I make moving less stressful?