You can freeze donuts
Can you freeze donuts?
Donuts have a notoriously short shelf life. Donuts can only be stored for up to two days at room temperature. That begs the question - can you freeze donuts? You can always store leftover donuts in the refrigerator, but they will only stay fresh for 5 days. A great way to keep this popular dessert fresh longer is to freeze it. Yes, you can freeze donuts and enjoy them at a later date, but you need to do it correctly. Otherwise, you will end up with harsh, inedible results.
Donuts are literally deep-fried batter, and when kept at room temperature, the oils attract bacteria. These bacteria could accelerate the spoilage. If left in the refrigerator for too long, the oils will start to solidify, making the dough hard. To keep its original texture, you'll need to properly thaw it too! When stored in the freezer at 0 degrees Fahrenheit, donuts will stay fresh for up to six months.
Image used under Creative Commons by Dave Crosby
How to Freeze Donuts
The correct way to freeze donuts is to prepare them one at a time. Take a large piece of plastic wrap and place it on the table. Place the cooled donut in the center of the plastic wrap and completely cover the dessert by tucking the edges of the plastic wrap under the donut. The plastic wrap protects the donut from freezer burn when it is stored in the freezer.
Place the wrapped donut in the freezer one at a time, making sure the pinched ends are secured. This will prevent the donuts from sticking together. In addition to cling film, you can also wrap the donuts in aluminum foil or freeze-proof plastic bags before freezing them.
Image used under Creative Commons by Salim Virji
How to thaw donuts
The best way to thaw frozen donuts is to move them from the freezer onto a plate and let them thaw at room temperature. It takes about an hour or an hour and a half to completely thaw a frozen donut. Once the donut is thawed, you can put it in the microwave or preheated oven to warm it up. You can also reheat the defrosted donuts in the microwave, but limit microwave reheating to 10-15 seconds to prevent the batter from hardening.
Donuts are not exactly a healthy food, but every now and then it can be good to indulge yourself! Thawed donuts may not look as good as their freshly made counterparts, but they are just as tasty. Now that you know how to freeze and thaw donuts, you can save more of your favorite desserts for later use.
- What are some underrated social media sites
- What are the benefits of learning science
- Is DDT illegal in the US
- What was the best marketed music album
- Why cyanide is a weak base
- How to build chess pieces
- What can be found in Silicon Valley
- Bollywood makes some great superhero films
- What is omnichannel retail
- What do interactive advertising agencies do
- What is the suggestion for using VFX
- Can I use two Snapchat in the iPhone
- How the linear induction motor works
- How durable wall stickers are
- How are candidates selected for political office
- What are abiotic components
- Are the people in Amarillo TX friendly
- Can a car escape a tsunami?
- Why have deposit rates increased
- How to program quadcopters
- Why does Radiohead hate their song Creep
- What is the best tech forum
- Shopclues is a trustworthy marketplace
- What writing helps for English learners