How was Braille developed
Louis Braille - The inventor of Braille
The Frenchman Louis Braille was born on January 4, 1809 in Coupvray near Paris and died on January 6, 1852 in Paris.
As a blind person he developed Braille, which is also called Braille after him.
In doing so, he gave many blind people access to the world of books.
As a three year old, Louis Braille injured his eye so badly that he lost his eyesight.
He later became a student at the National Institute for the Blind in Paris. There he worked as a tutor, teacher for the blind and church organist at the age of 19.
Here he taught using a 12-point braille, which he thought was much too complicated.
He created a new scannable font based on a six-point system.
Louis Braille later invented a notation based on the six dots. To this day it is both the only useful and at the same time perfect way for blind people to read and write sheet music.
With this, Louis Braille created the prerequisites for blind people to find their income as professional musicians.
Braille was not officially introduced for teaching in French schools for the blind until 1850. In Germany it was introduced in 1879.
But Louis Braille did not live to see the international triumph of his ingenious invention, as he died of tuberculosis as early as 1852.
- How much human suffering is avoidable
- Where does the modern family take place
- Have you ever peed in bed
- Can be used forex card in India
- We're allowed to crawl Google
- What are the ancient Roman months
- Can you die if you eat duct tape
- How do you forecast implied volatility
- What alternatives are there for personal loans
- Is 4x6 bigger than 5x7
- What are the best apps for mechanical
- Why did my girlfriend break my heart
- Why don't more people collect art?
- What are some characteristics of psychedelic music
- Antonio Brown will be back in 2019
- How do I remove distractions for success
- How do you say together in Dutch
- Offers Geico 12 month guidelines
- What can oil replace in the petrochemical industry?
- What is Einstein's thought experiment
- How does a transmission error affect the bandwidth?
- Where did John Coltrane live
- Which languages can be compiled in WebAssembly
- What body type will a kettlebell give you