What are some amazing facts about Bharatanatyam
30 Interesting and Amazing Facts About Krishna
Krishna is a major deity in Hinduism. He was worshiped as the eighth avatar of the god Vishnu and also as the supreme god himself. He is the god of compassion, tenderness and love in Hinduism, and he is one of the most popular and revered Indian deities. Krishna's birthday is celebrated every year by Hindus on Janmashtami according to the lunisolar Hindu calendar, which falls in late August or early September of the Gregorian calendar. Below are 30 more interesting and amazing facts about Krishna.
1. Krishna is known by numerous names such as Govinda, Mukunda, Madhusudhana, Vasudeva and Makhan Chor.
2. He is the central figure in Mahabharata, Bhagavata Purana and Bhagavad Gita and is mentioned in many philosophical, theological and mythological texts of the Hindus.
3. Krishna is represented in different perspectives, such as: a god child, a rogue, a model friend, a divine hero and as the universal supreme being.
4. The synonyms of Krishna were traced back to the first millennium BCE literature.
5. In some sub-traditions, Krishna is worshiped as Svayam Bhagavan, and this is sometimes referred to as Krishnaism.
6. Literature related to Krishna has inspired numerous performance arts such as Bharatnatyam, Kathakali, Kuchipudi, Odissi and Manipuri.
7. He is a pan-Hindu god but is particularly venerated in some places such as Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, Jagannatha in Odisha, Mayapur in West Bengal, Dwarka and Junagadh in Gujarat, Pandharpur in Maharashtra, Udupi in Karnataka, Nathdwara in Rajasthan and Guruvayur in Kerala.
8. Krishna's name is basically an adjective meaning "black" or "dark". Another popular translation of the name is "all attractive".
9. Krishna once preached against the orthodox form of worshiping Vedic gods like Indra. According to Bhagavata Purana, Krishna advised the people of Brindavan to worship Govardhan hill instead of Indra as it brings rain for agriculture. Indra got angry and he made a violent storm in Brindavan, but Krishna saved the people by lifting the Govardhan hill and using it as an umbrella to protect the villagers.
10. It is part of the Jain religion. He is represented as one of the triads called Vasudeva.
11. It is believed that Krishna and Draupadi were brother and sister. According to legend, Draupadi was born to assist Krishna in destroying the sinful kings.
12. Krishna was born in Rohini Nakshatra as the eighth son of Devki and Vasudeva.
13. He brought back the son of his guru, Sandipani, who was dead. Therefore, he paid his Gurudakshina to Sage Sandipani.
14. Krishna had a total of 16,108 wives, only eight of whom were his princely wives, also known as Ashtabharya or patrani.
fifteen. The Jataka Buddhist stories mention Krishna. In Vaibhav Jataka he is shown as a prince and legendary figure in India who cuts off the head of his evil uncle Kansa and kills all kings in order to rule over Jambudvipa.
16. It is believed that Krishna was a "Manifestation of God" or one of the prophets who revealed the "Word of God" to people on earth. Hence, it is said that he shares a powerful image with Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Muhammad and Jesus.
17. Krishna granted Eklavya a wise man after offering his thumb to Dronacharya. He was given another incarnation when Dhrishtadyumna stepped out of the Yajna fire to kill Dronacharya.
18. When Krishna blew his shell, Panchjayna, this was the war cry of the Pandavas in Kurukshetra. Krishna's shell had a strong reverberation all over the world when it was blown. Krishna used to blow his shell to signal the beginning of the battle of Kurukshetra and, at the end, to symbolize the victory of the Dharma.
19. Karna was the first person to know the secret of the birth of Krishna, and it was Krishna who told him. Krishna made an attempt to convince Karna when he was in Hastinapur to avert the war. However, Karna politely declined the offer and also asked Krishna to keep Pandavas out of the secret.
20. In the case of Ras Leela, Krishna danced with the gopis, and each of the gopis believed that she danced Krishna alone.
21. There was a time when Duryodhana tried to imprison Krishna when he came to negotiations. However, this attempt was a failure.
22. Krishna shows all kings his Virat Roopa, the great form. When Dhritarashtra found out about it, he asked Krishna to see this form once. Other souls closed their eyes as he transformed, and as such, only the holy souls who were blessed enough to see this form benefited.
23. Before Vishnu took the avatar of Krishna, he took the avatar of Ram and as Ram, Maryada was called Purushottam. He has never indulged in any wrong deed, so when he was reborn as Krishna, he decided that he will be the opposite of Ram.
24. Although Krishna is often shown to have a blue complexion, the truth is that he had a dark complexion that only looked blue just because his aura had a blue tinge.
25. The worship or worship of Krishna has been adopted by several new religious movements since the 19th century, and he is sometimes a member of an eclectic pantheon in occult texts, along with Greek, Buddhist, Biblical, and even historical figures.
26. Ahmadiyya, a modern movement, regards Krishna as one of its ancient prophets. Ahmadi sees himself as Muslim, but they are rejected by the mainstream Sunnis and Shiites who do not recognize Krishna as their prophet.
27. The medieval arts of Vietnam and Cambodia show Krishna. The earliest surviving sculptures and reliefs date from the 6th and 7th centuries, including the iconography of Vaishnavism.
28. Across the various theologies and philosophies, the common theme represents Krishna as the essence and symbol of divine love, human life and love as a mirror of the divine.
29. Pandavas were maternal related to Krishna. Her mother, Kunti, was the sister of Vasudev, the father of Krishna.
30. Krishna's favorite weapon was Sudarshan Chakra. Its notable use was in the killing of Shishupala and, more importantly, was used to create the illusion of a sunset that led to the killing of Jayadratha.
- What are the new challenges for the geotechnician
- Why are great writers great
- Who are the good people
- How do I start a voice SEO
- Howard Stern retires
- Has anyone overcome stuttering through Ayurveda?
- What is the formula for salicylic acid
- What is the TOMS Marketplace
- Why did Obama use the N-word
- What is Hunter Biden's job
- What is Kasturi
- How do I use chalk paint
- What exactly defines the 10 + 2 qualification
- How is the purification of sodium chloride
- Should bigots be demonized by GLAAD
- How would you describe a rainy mood
- What do Coptic Christians believe about divorce?
- How to date an anime girl
- Is there an economical alternative to everything?
- What happened to the American tennis players
- Can you tell 1000 facts about yourself
- Why was Snape with Lily Death
- How do I do truth hypnosis
- What is an arithmetic expression