What is ultra pure water
Can you drink distilled water?
The chemistry teacher had warned us: "Never drink distilled water!" A miserable death with stomach bleeding and bursting cells would be imminent if we had the idea to take a sip from the squirt bottle.
Our health-conscious neighbor, on the other hand, was probably missing from chemistry class. He recently ordered a distiller and now swears by the detoxifying effect of the salt-free water. So what now?
It is correct that cells can burst through so-called osmosis, because their cell membranes are semi-permeable. That is, only water molecules get through; Salts or sugar molecules are too large for passive transport through the membrane pores. Now, however, water flows into the cells in an effort to balance the higher salt and sugar concentration inside with the concentration outside the cell. If the concentration gradient is large, so much water sometimes collects in the cells that the cell boundary finally gives way: the cell bursts.
Ultimately, our blood cells fared no differently, but we would have to hang on to a drip with distilled water.However, drinking it is far less serious. Because through the stomach acid and the food ingested, chemically pure water is mixed again with minerals so that our cells do not even come into contact with it. This means that even tea or coffee brewed with distilled water, which some people swear by its fine aroma, poses no danger.
Some people even see "aqua destillata" as a health product because it does not contain any harmful substances such as lead, nitrates and pesticides and is supposed to purify the body. The German Nutrition Society - and most of the scientists with it - warn against the exclusive use of distilled water. This is because the distillate removes potassium and sodium ions from the cells in the long term, especially in the case of a one-sided diet, and thus upsets the body's electrolyte balance.
- What is the Kerala language
- How do I eat chyawanprash
- How we can protect ourselves from dengue fever
- What are local maxima and local minima
- Why was Italy so unprepared for World War II
- What are some uses for Adobe products
- Are parents allowed in SRM freshmen orientation?
- Are translated editions of Faust worth reading
- Do I need Medicare Part B.
- What are the main successes for Chhattisgarh
- How crazy is life in Alaska
- How can I marry a refugee
- Why did Lakshman die before Ram
- Where are car batteries made
- What makes Mississippi so bad
- Why does modern society forbid polygamy?
- What do you mean by sexual reproduction?
- Will climate change cause more disease epidemics?
- How ignorance causes poverty in Tanzania
- Bicycle helmets are required in Florida
- Does someone really read edited answers
- The hair loss will grow back due to diabetes
- Why is food so expensive at PVR
- Does the VIT Vellore Campus PVR