What made you change?
"To the future!" - Read ENDURO issue # 047 now!
Mountain biking is facing big changes that affect us all. However, this is no reason to bury your head in the sand - there are some challenges to master, but there is still a lot more potential! That is why the brand new ENDURO issue # 047 is titled “To the future!”. With a spirit of optimism and a clear mission, we want to get started with you, open up new horizons, get rid of prejudices and make an important contribution to the community. Are you there?
The ENDURO mountain bike magazine appears in German and English in digital app format. Download the app for iOS (iPhone / iPad) or Android now and read all the articles on your tablet or smartphone. Free!
When my brother Max and I founded ENDURO magazine in 2012, Enduro was still a great unknown to many. The Enduro World Series was not yet born, the sport was still in its infancy and was driven by individual brave people full of pioneering spirit who wanted to advance the community. It was an incredibly exciting time in which mountain biking achieved a new sex appeal, technological limits were pushed year after year and one thing above all arose: a new spirit and a new self-image in mountain biking. Top level enduro racing has achieved just as much as the countless grass roots events. The Enduro World Series brought the top athletes of the mountain bike world together again and so XC Olympians competed against DH world champions in one and the same racing format, or rather with each other thanks to great collegiality. Local enduro events around the world became a hodgepodge for people looking for trails, campfires and camaraderie. Good times instead of lactate battle and sticky energy gels! Shooting on the most beautiful trails in the world - sometimes with lift assistance, often with your own muscle power. Enduro opened up new horizons and united supposed opposites.
The same was and still applies to our magazine. Not only has technology developed immensely, the community is also experiencing major changes - not least due to the current bike boom, which has brought an incredible number of newcomers to mountain bikes. Mountain biking has arrived in the mainstream and has become a popular sport. This offers numerous opportunities, but also challenges in terms of trail use, driving safety and education. E-mountain bikes have grown enormously in popularity and the mountain bike is no longer the way we got to know it ten years ago!
This makes it clear: what was an irrefutable fact yesterday no longer has to apply today. That is why it is extremely important to review the developments so far, to open eyes and ears to what is coming and to check: Where are we currently, what does the community need and where do we want to develop the scene and industry? The future doesn't need any action or quick answers, it needs the right questions so that you can even find the right answers! For this reason we have raised a whole series of questions for this issue:
- What are the most important MTB, E-MTB, gravel and tech trends in 2021
- How is the bike community changing due to the Corona bike boom? What are the opportunities and challenges
- Are e-mountain bikes the better mountain bikes?
- Do you even need categories like all-mountain, all-round touring, down-country, back-country, long-travel-trail-bike, trail-twentyniner, over-mountain or
- Super all mountain? Or can an all-rounder combine all of these categories?
- What does a good mountain bike have to be able to do these days? And who actually defines what a mountain bike is and how it should be
- How much money do you have to spend on really good trail fun?
- Can a hardtail deliver just as much trail fun as a full-suspension trail rocket
- How important is weight actually and what role do the chassis and geometry play on the uphill?
- How do you measure a good price-performance ratio? On the XT rear derailleur and sparkling Kashima stanchions at a great price or real trail performance
- What actually is an original? And can mountain biking really make us happy?
- How do you create the best bike-ride balance in the age of home office? How do we want and will we work in the future?
- Is carbon really better than aluminum?
In search of the right answers, we traveled to Tuscany to compare the 22 most promising MTBs for trails, tours and adventures from € 1,699 to € 13,999. For our home office story, we spoke to Porsche HR manager Stefan Althoff as well as to self-employed people, working parents and of course our own team in order to find the best tips for a better work-ride balance. We were also at the Oscars of the bike industry, the Design & Innovation Award 2021, where the award jury dealt with the latest technologies and the future of the bike world. You can read the résumé in the form of the exciting trend reports of the Design & Innovation Award!
But that's not all! As part of our annual reader survey, we ask you numerous important questions that help shape the bike industry and bike development and further improve ENDURO magazine. Last year over 28,500 readers took part and made the survey the most representative and largest in the bike world! Thank you for your commitment and your great support! Speaking of support: Many of you asked for it, now we've created an opportunity. From now on you can become an ENDURO supporter and support our work with a voluntary monthly contribution. With your commitment you are making an important contribution to the further development of ENDURO and the entire bike scene. You can find out more details in this issue!
Even if comparative tests and tech pieces are our editorial hobbyhorses, we at ENDURO have always been about much more than just biking. It's about self-realization: How do we want to bike, how do we want to live and how do we want to work as a team? What does the community, what does the industry need? Not only ENDURO, but all magazines from our publisher 41 Publishing - DOWNTOWN, GRAN FONDO and E-MOUNTAINBIKE - therefore have a clear mission: We actively shape the scene, set trends and empower our readers to make the right purchasing decisions. Why? We don't just want everyone to have more fun with the best hobby in the world, we want to offer inspiration, make an important contribution to the scene and share our enthusiasm with more people. Neutral purchase advice to find the right material for you in the jungle of possibilities helps just as much as setting important impulses for positive changes in the industry. And who should be better suited for this than a magazine - the interface between scene and industry with the test experience of hundreds of bikes?
With that in mind - let's do it! Biking is booming, there is a lot to do and at least as much to experience. Every commitment and every contribution to the community counts in these times. We wish you a great season and lots of new experiences! To the future, cheers!
The highlights of this issue
- What's the best mountain bike in 2021? 22 MTBs for trails, tours and adventures from € 1,699 to € 14,000 in a mega comparison test
- The myth of carbon: is carbon really better than aluminum on a bike? Everything you need to know about carbon and aluminum!
- Design & Innovation Award - These are the MTB, E-MTB, technology and gravel trends for 2021
- Copy or original? An essay about decisions we all make every day
- Work-ride balance - tips for working from home and a better bike life
All bikes in this issue:
Canyon Stoic 4 | Canyon Neuron CF SLX 9 | Canyon Spectral 29 LTD | FOCUS THRONE 6.9 | Ibis Ripmo V2 | MERIDA eONE-SIXTY 10K | MERIDA NINETY-SIX 8000 | Nukeproof Reactor 290C Factory | Orbea Rise M-Team | Propain Hugene | RAAW Jibb XTR Build | Rocky Mountain Instinct C70 | Santa Cruz 5010 X01 | Santa Cruz Tallboy CC X01 | SCOTT Ransom 900 Tuned AXS | Specialized S-Works Turbo Levo SL | Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper EVO | Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper | Trek Fuel EX 9.8 GX | Trek Top Fuel 9.9 X01 | yeti SB115 TURQ3 | YT IZZO BLAZE 29
Download the new issue now! The ENDURO mountain bike magazine appears in German and English in digital app format. Download the app for iOS or Android now and read all the articles on your tablet or smartphone. Free!
You can now download the new issue from our magazine app - of course, free of charge, as always! If you don't have the app yet, you can find it here in the App Store (iPhone / iPad) or in the Play Store (Android Smartphones & Tablets).
The free digital magazine is the heart of our work and undoubtedly the most beautiful way to experience our articles. It comes with lots of interactive features, high-resolution images and videos, and a unique design. We are sure: If you like our website, you will love the app. By the way: In the app you will also find all ENDURO editions published so far - lots of reading material!
Text: Robin Schmitt Photos: Valentin Rühl
- What are some backyard homesteading tips
- How do bijection and countless sets work
- What options are there at Amazon on site
- How do recovery titles work for vehicles
- What is iFunny
- What are some examples of generator
- What world records do the Turks hold
- Snakes die after giving birth
- BTech is good at software development
- Believe hippies
- What are some good movies like Splice
- Why do managers prefer submissive people
- Which companies have really unique management philosophies?
- How does astrology positively affect human life?
- What is the chemical structure of meclizine
- What is the difference between 4G 4GLTE 5g
- What is the best t-shirt without wrinkles
- What is the Snyder Cut movement
- White spots are hereditary
- What do you mean by flow steel
- Is a string in Python empty
- Is it true that discipline requires punishment?
- Dogs sense human worries
- How would I be the best lawyer