What is CAS
What is a MAS? How much effort does a CAS mean? Are there ECTS points for further education? We explain the advanced training courses that the ZHAW offers.
Our advanced training masters offer you the opportunity to acquire additional specialist knowledge and further competencies for your current job or new qualifications for a new professional field. The demanding courses of study require a high level of commitment, regular attendance of classes and intensive self-study.
Upon successful completion, you will receive at least 60 ECTS credits for classroom teaching, self-study and the master’s thesis. One credit corresponds to a time expenditure of 25 to 30 hours.
Differences between advanced training masters and consecutive master’s courses
- "Master of Business Administration (MBA)" and "Executive Master of Business Administration" (EMBA)
- The “MBA” and “EMBA” training courses both impart comprehensive management knowledge and prepare for a management position. For an EMBA further education, however, the participants must have more professional and management experience than for an MBA program.
- "Master of Advanced Studies" (MAS)
- MAS are aimed at people who already have a few years of professional experience and want to complete in-depth and specialized training. For a successfully completed MAS you will receive at least 60 ECTS credits.
- «Consecutive Master's programs» (MSc and MA)
- Master of Science (MSc) and Master of Arts (MA) follow directly (consecutively) on a bachelor’s degree and cannot be completed without a bachelor’s degree. For an MSc or MA degree, you will earn 90 to 120 ECTS credits (depending on the course).
With a "Diploma of Advanced Studies" (DAS) you will acquire additional skills for your current job or for a new professional field. A DAS is part-time training. Upon successful completion, you will receive between 30 and 40 ECTS credits, whereby one credit corresponds to a time requirement of 25 to 30 hours. After successfully completing some of the courses, you have the option of attaining an MAS after completing additional performance certificates.
In a “Certificate of Advanced Studies” (CAS) you acquire additional qualifications in a specific subject while you are working. CAS have a modular structure and can be part of a DAS or MAS. Depending on the CAS, you will receive between 10 and 15 ECTS credits for face-to-face teaching and self-study. One credit corresponds to a time expenditure of 25 to 30 hours. Some CAS require a written thesis.
Further education courses are relatively short further education units that offer you the opportunity to acquire specialist knowledge and to deepen certain topics. The exact duration depends on the individual course. The participants receive a course confirmation. In some courses, ECTS credits are awarded.
- What software is behind Active Directory
- How do you keep Velveeta cheese creamy?
- What is the theater of the absurd
- How do I download from IEEE Explore
- How many players play cricket
- Does socialism promote classism?
- What are some recipes of chilli cucumber
- What is your site name
- Awakening Bhakti-Yogis Siddhis
- How does the Instagram business profile work
- What are some hacks for using Ebates
- How can you acquire good study habits
- There are advanced Rails tutorials
- The law of limitations applies to arbitration proceedings
- Can women dance better than men?
- What do I make money on YouTube
- How can an Odric person be patriotic?
- Women worry about their husbands past
- Asbestos is used to make pipes
- What do 4 points mean when writing an SMS
- Why are essential fatty acids important
- Why is my blood sugar always high
- How do you develop emotional boundaries
- What is the political culture at Caltech