How do I sell worldwide through Shopify
48% of online shoppers start their search on Amazon.
Your ears prick up, don't you? And so should they. As an eCommerce shop operator, you are ultimately always interested in generating more sales with your shop. Integration with Amazon can make this possible in large steps.
The above fact is just one of many reasons for this. With regular product updates, expansion of the product categories and constant advertising measures at all times, the reach of this world-famous online marketplace grows far beyond that of a single shop.
The advantages of the connection to Amazon
There are several reasons not to rely solely on your own eCommerce website, but to take advantage of Amazon.
- Investment. It doesn't take long to register as a seller on Amazon. With good preparation, it will be a couple of hours at best. In addition, there are comparatively little costs: a few nominal fees and costs for plugins or extensions, and you are ready to sell.
- Brand awareness. As a new eCommerce shop, it is initially difficult to attract customers and build momentum. Trust plays a huge role here. Most customers prefer to shop on a reputable platform they trust, where they think their money and data is safe. It can take a while to build this trust in your own shop - so why not build on the trust that potential customers already have in Amazon?
- global presence. With Amazon you can register your shop for worldwide sales and have an international presence.
- Customer service. In order to be successful with your eCommerce shop, you depend on the satisfaction of your customers. Building good customer service is a big task, especially for large online shops. Amazon offers efficient and well thought-out customer service, completely relieving you of this work for transactions made via Amazon.
- Range. For the right online shops, additional sales via Amazon can increase sales exponentially, simply because Amazon reaches new potential customers who would otherwise never have come into contact with your shop.
- Amazon Brand Registry. Sign up for the Amazon Brand Registry and take control of your branding on Amazon. You can highlight key factors of your products and give the customer more information about how the product can enrich their life or how it can be used. Without Amazon branding, you are limited to the standard product page with eight images, five bullet points and the product description.
Connection to Amazon - that's how it works
In the following we explain the procedure for connecting Amazon to a Shopify store, representative of the procedure for all eCommerce shops. There will be a few variances between stores, but overall the process is very similar.
Step 1: meet the requirements
Before you can start selling your products through your shop with Amazon, you must meet certain requirements:
- You need an active Shopify account on one of the plans available.
- You need to sell products that fit into one of the supported categories.
- Your shop must list prices in US dollars.
This is a Shopify specific facility! Magento, for example, is not limited to the American market and its currency, but offers sales for eCommerce shop operators worldwide with (almost) all currencies.
- You cannot send your products via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). This means that you cannot use the Amazon storage, packaging and shipping facilities but have to store, pack and ship your products yourself.
This is also Shopify specific. WooCommerce plugin Codisto LINQ offers this function.
Step 2: Create an Amazon Professional Seller Account
Sign up for a Professional Seller account on Amazon.com Seller Central. This costs you $ 39.99 a month, plus a one-time agency fee based on your category.
Step 3: Register for Category Approval
Check whether the categories that match your products require confirmation from Amazon. If this is the case, request this confirmation as soon as possible.
Step 4: Add the Amazon Sales Channel to your Shopify store
Click the "+" button next to the sales channels in your Shopify store. in the Amazon by Shopify Area click on "Learn more" and then "Add channel" to confirm.
On the last page, click "Connect to Amazon" and now follow the prompts to allow the flow of information between your Shopify and Amazon Seller Central accounts.
Step 5: Buy the product identifier for your products
Most categories require the use of a product identifier in order to create new product pages and offers on Amazon. The most common product identifier for sales in the USA is a UPC, which is a Universal Product Code. In Europe, the equivalent of the EAN is the European Article Number.
GS1 is the official provider for both. With a little research you can get the codes cheaper than via GS1.
If you sell products again, they may already have a usable UPC or EAN.
Tip: If you have registered an Amazon brand, you do not need to buy EAN or UPC.
Step 6: Create Amazon listings for your products
You can create your product listings right in Shopify. In the Shopify dashboard click on "Amazon" and then on "Create Listing".
Find the product to be listed on Amazon in your Shopify catalog and click "Select Product" below. Now you have 2 options:
- The product is made by your brand.
- The product is made by a different brand.
In the first case, fill in the data and create your product listing.
If your product is manufactured by another brand, first use the "search" function to check whether this product is already listed on Amazon. If there is a match, click Select. This enables you to make offers to sell the same product.
If there is no match, create a new listing. That's fine even if you're reselling another brand's product.
Regardless of whether it is from your own or another brand: Enter the product data and then click on "Publish".
Step 7: Claim existing Amazon listings in your Shopify store
The other way around, you can also claim product listings that you already sell in a category on Amazon in your Shopify store. Click below Link products click on "Browse Products" and search for the product to be linked.
Step 8: set inventory tracking
For each product listing in Shopify, you can either use your Shopify store's inventory settings or manage your Amazon inventory manually.
If you choose Amazon inventory, you can designate a specific amount of your inventory for Amazon sales only. The amount will automatically decrease with sales on Amazon, but you will have to refill your inventory manually if you want to add more.
If you choose to use Shopify's inventory settings, there are three scenarios for each product:
- Shopify tracks inventory. With this setting, Shopify automatically updates the Amazon inventory to match the full Shopify inventory.
- Shopify doesn't track inventory. With this setting, your product is always available on Amazon.
- Enable purchase of a product even if it is out of stock.
Step 9: get started
Your Amazon orders are automatically synchronized with Shopify on the order page. All orders placed via Amazon appear in your order list and are marked with "Amazon".
Your Amazon customers will only receive order confirmations from Amazon, while you will receive notifications from both Amazon and Shopify. You must fulfill the order through Shopify, otherwise the order will not be updated in Shopify.
Amazon extensions for eCommerce platforms
Many eCommerce platforms such as Magento and Shopify offer Amazon extensions or plugins for little money - but at great expense for you as an online seller. In the following, we will forward you to the right apps for the eCommerce platforms.
- Shopifys Integration with Amazon is available from $ 39 a month, plus a placement fee of 8-20%, depending on the category.
- Magentos Amazon Connector is available for $ 199 a year.
- Codisto LINQ, WP-Lister Pro or WP-Lister Lite for WooCommerce. All three of these plugins connect your WooCommerce shop not only to Amazon but also to Ebay at the same time. WP-Lister Lite is free, while WP-Lister Pro costs you $ 149 a year and Codisto LINQ costs you $ 49 a month.
- OpenCarts Amazon Connector is available for $ 149 a year.
- For Lightspeed there are currently no plugins or extensions to connect to Amazon. However, there are a few providers who do the programming for it, for example Kosmos Central or NChannel. The prices have to be requested directly from the provider and will differ from shop to shop.
- Magnalister is the name of the system that Amazon and some other marketplaces are using Shopware connects. After a 30-day free trial version, the system costs from € 29 per month.
- For Gambio there are several integration systems, including magnalisters.
- OXID eSales the Amazon module offers from € 550.
More sales with Amazon through repricing
With the connection to Amazon you can increase the traffic and reach of your online shop. But even Amazon can only generate more sales with the right strategy. As with any online marketplace, the same applies here: the price determines the position.
Namely the position in which your product appears in the Amazon result list. The further up, the greater the likelihood that your product will be found, clicked on and bought directly from your shop by potential customers.
For the greatest possible turnover, your goal should be to have your products in one of the first three positions in the results lists. One of the criteria for doing this is the price of your product. The more competitive the price - in other words, the lower compared to the competition - the higher the probability of being high in the ranking.
Here repricers like BENY help. Repricing tools check and automatically adjust the prices of your competitors on sales channels such as Amazon, eBay, Idealo and Google. This gives you the greatest chance of placing your products in the top 3 of the results lists of these platforms for the least amount of effort - and thus generating more sales.
You can find out exactly what repricing is all about and whether it is suitable and useful for your online shop in our free eBooklest.
- What is ARM
- Can a sinner worship God
- Is Avocado Mayo Healthy?
- Would you live in a retroculture society?
- Himalayan pink salt goes bad
- How would you describe the French girls
- How do you call up a fireworks display
- Can you get the flu in May
- What are Common Misunderstandings About Payday Lenders
- What is loading effect
- The Holy Spirit is a substance
- How does the design of custom shirts work
- What guidance do you give
- Which universities offer a degree in pharmacogenomics?
- What is a good starter wine
- Why is the media censored
- What is another word for a lieutenant?
- What Are Some Good Pool Cue Brands
- How deep should raised beds be
- What do interactive advertising agencies do
- What's your best Apex Legends moment
- Does Java support multiple inheritance
- How is IET in terms of placement
- Europe trusts the USA