How are virus protection programs programmed
Last updated on December 6, 2018 by Jürgen Voskuhl
I am often confronted with additional antivirus programs with numerous customers as well as in the private sphere. But what are computer viruses actually? And do you really need additional software?
Everyone has probably heard of computer viruses. These are programs that change the way a computer works and spread from computer to computer. The changes a computer virus makes are mostly malicious in nature. For example, data is changed or deleted.
An antivirus program (also known as AV software, virus scanner or virus protection program) is software that is designed to detect, block and, if necessary, eliminate computer viruses. A double-digit number of such products is common on the market. An anti-virus program is also integrated in the Windows operating system Defender is called.
The Defender used to be in the lower ranks in comparative tests. That changed at the end of 2016: since then, the detection rates have increased significantly and are on par with commercial competing products. With the Windows Creators Update in April 2017, Microsoft has the Defender also missed a new user interface.
The idea that the manufacturer of an operating system can best protect it is somehow obvious, doesn't it?
In all of the current test reports that I read, the Windows on-board tool comes up Defender gone quite well. This is also the case in current tests by AV-Test. The AV-TEST Institute regularly makes the latest tests and current research results available to the public on its website.
I think you don't need additional anti-virus software anymore!
So when you buy a new Windows PC or a new notebook, it is best to throw away the additional anti-virus software that comes with the machine!
By the way, you don't have to do anything else: The Windows on-board tool Microsoft Defender activates itself.
Your own behavior is crucial
Of course, it is best if an antivirus program does not work at all. As a computer user, you can make a significant contribution to this:
- Make sure that your operating system and all of your programs receive the latest updates on a regular basis.
- Avoid doing anything that could put your computers at risk.
This includes opening unknown email attachments, visiting unknown websites and downloading software from untrustworthy websites or from P2P file-sharing networks.
- Never open file attachments that have not been checked.
Even if the files are apparently harmless such as pictures, documents or other files: If you are not sure, ask the sender.
- Restrict your rights on the computer.
Even if you are an experienced IT professional: You do not need to have administrative rights for daily use and normal use.
What is your opinion on the subject? Which antivirus software do you use and why? We look forward to your comments!
If your company has questions about virus or threat protection in general, don't hesitate to contact us now.
- Hows Carrier Launcher for GMAT preparation
- Why are chefs in Chinese restaurants male?
- What was the evolution of journalism
- How do I deal with my anxiety disorder
- Which cheap and best flagship phone
- Wizards listen to Muggle music
- How do you log into Snapchat?
- What is a reference variable in Java
- Good is always bad
- Why do artists make fan art
- Where was Pyrex first made
- All houseplants help purify the air
- What are some nice birthday wishes
- What clothes should I take with me to Nantes?
- What advantages does a Federal Republic offer?
- Ayn Rand is a credible writer
- Why was Yuanmingyuan destroyed?
- Which is better dirty or clean
- Who was Zezima on Runescape
- How many albums has Johnny Cash sold?
- What is CPython
- What is the differentiation of x 3
- Why should I buy Beats headphones?
- What is the power of myth about
- Where can I buy a unique product
- How does the programming work for different languages
- Why do I sing without emotion
- How can I design my own barbie
- What are the types of adsorption
- Why dilute the solution during titration
- What do you mean by capital budgeting
- Is there an Infosys DC in Delhi
- Why is barrier-free tourism important
- How would you classify the signs of the zodiac