Why is iOS 12 not showing up?
I cannot update my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
You might not be able to wirelessly update an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for one of the following reasons:
- There is not enough space on the device.
- The update loads very slowly.
- The update server cannot be reached.
- The update will not complete.
Insufficient space for the update
If there is not enough space to load and install an update, the software on the device tries to make more space. iOS only removes app data that the system can reload itself. Personal data is not removed or moved. If the free space is still insufficient, you can update the device via the computer.
If you can't connect your device to your computer, remove unused content and apps from the device to make room for the update. Go to Settings> General> [Device] Storage.
You can see for yourself how much storage space the apps and content are using.
The download takes a long time
You will need an internet connection to update your device. The duration of the loading process depends on the size of the update and the internet speed. You can use the device as normal while the update is loading. The device will notify you as soon as the update is ready to be installed. To speed up the download, you should not download other content at the same time and, if possible, use a WiFi network.
The update server cannot be reached or the update cannot be checked
When trying to update the device, you might see one of these messages:
"Checking for updates failed. An error occurred while checking for a software update."
"Update cannot be installed. A network connection is required for the [software] update."
Try again to update the device over the same network. If you continue to see one of these messages, update the device from a different network or from your computer. If the problem occurs on other networks as well, remove the update.
Learn more about iOS and iPadOS updates here.
Delete update and reload
If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, download the update again:
- Go to Settings> General> [Device] Storage.
- Search for the update in the apps listed.
- Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
- Go to Settings> General> Software Update and download the latest update.
If you don't see the update in the apps listed, or if the problem occurs again, you'll need to update your device on your computer using Finder or iTunes.
- What are orthogonal signaling pathways
- What is the salary for an IISc professor
- All black bodies are black
- Who invented stop-motion animation?
- How can I sell online coaching
- Why are assessments required in training?
- What is taught in the painting course
- What does x4 mean in a text
- Is Christianity threatened by Islam
- What can Austria do best?
- What are some thoughts on Mobile Legends
- Which iOS games have the best user interface
- How does an INFJ feel loved?
- Can a wolfhound kill a wolf
- What is the 4chan website
- Can WordPress be executed under NGINX
- What do you hate about Fortnite
- What is the remedy for tendonitis
- How does Ghostery work
- What do you dislike about Medford OR
- Who owns the HBO stock
- What are people's perceptions of halal food
- Is string theory probabilistic
- When do we use likes and likes