What is the best VPS for Forex
Why is our solution the best VPS for Forex?
What practical advantages do technological solutions have for retailers?
It is very complicated to achieve record highs using universal means. It is very compiled to get really fast execution using a traditional solution. And we'll explain why.
Infrastructure of conventional VPS solutions
Hosting providers take a fairly powerful server and run a lot of virtual operating systems on that server. Let us assume that there is a machine with the configuration Xeon E5-1650 3.5GHz, 24 cores CPU, 128 GB RAM, 2 x 2 TB hard drives in RAID 1 and a 1 Gbit network. 80 virtual operating systems are started on this machine; the target application is started in these operating systems.
Although this high-performance computer has many resources, it is very few when converted to any virtual operating system. A virtual operating system only gets 1 GB of 128 GB of RAM. From 24 CPU cores at most one will be available. It is physically impossible to use inactive cores when necessary.
The reason is the aforementioned universality of this VPS, which is not suitable for trading on the foreign exchange market. Most of the resources of the high-performance machine are used to maintain the 80 virtual operating systems.
- Each operating system starts at least 500 threads. Let's multiply that number by 80 and we get 40,000 active threads.
- Each virtual operating system occupies at least 100 MB RAM, which equates to 80 instances for 8 GB RAM.
- There is latent activity in the 80 copies of operating systems.
All of the above is the payment for the universality of the solution. One could come to terms with this if it weren't for a hidden and critical flaw. The computer's resources are used to maintain the huge infrastructure, which is why the target application does not receive them in time.
Such a solution does not guarantee the best execution even if your VPS has a minimal ping time to the broker. Let us assume that the trading robot has analyzed markets and now wants to execute a trade. But because the hardware is under heavy load, there are delays between making a decision and sending a trade order to the server.
In one case the delay can be 50 milliseconds, in another - 150. And although the order is sent immediately, you will have delays in execution. This time these still occur on the hosting and you lose some of the profit.
Second, if your trading robot processes large amounts of data, the allocated core of the processor may not be sufficient for it. Because of a high load, the platform cannot analyze the prices in time. The result is the same: delays and loss of profit.
Thirdly, graphic drivers are often not used in virtual operating systems, the drawing of charts and objects of technical analysis is done by the already heavily used CPU. This slows down the analytical work of the Expert Advisor even more and decreases the profit.
These delays accumulate and increase the execution time of trades. The ping time to the broker's server remains minimal, but that is of no use.
The high-tech solution MetaTrader VPS
Our solution takes these shortcomings into account. On the server with the same configuration, we can also start 80 and even more platforms. We offer you all the advantages of the best execution and a 24-hour uptime.
First, only one operating system is used in our service. All trading platforms are only started in this system, and they receive virtually all of the machine's resources. Each MetaTrader instance gets a lot more:
- Up to 3 Gb of RAM
- Multiple CPU cores as required
- Up to 16 Gb hard drive
The CPU cores are not heavily used by maintaining the infrastructure. They are always free and do not slow down the analytical functions of trading robots. In addition, there are no delays between making a trade decision and sending a trade order to the server.
We are constantly modernizing our network to minimize the ping to the broker's servers - the current network latency of MetaTrader VPS is less than 5 milliseconds for connections to 80% of the broker's servers.
Second, we have developed special versions of the trading platforms for our Forex VPS that are kept as simple as possible. The unused functions for algo trading and copy trading are deactivated.
The graphic system is completely deactivated - the charts are visualized, no graphic card is required. The CPU is not used too much, nothing interferes with the Expert Advisors' calculations.
Comparison of functions of a conventional hosting and the MetaTrader Forex VPS
|# ||Functions and parameters ||Traditional hosting ||MetaTrader Forex VPS |
|1||Minimal ping to the broker's server||+||+|
|2||Delays due to RAM and CPU||Yes||No|
|3||Resources Left Over for MetaTrader Platforms *||20 %||99 %|
|4||Allocation of resources "as required"||No||Yes|
|5||Number of CPU cores for a platform||1||Unrestricted|
|6||R.A.M.||1 Gb||up to 3 Gb|
|7||Set and manage||Relatively difficult||Easy|
|8||Activation of products from the market||1 activation is consumed||No activation is consumed|
* here and further the following configuration is used for the calculations: Xeon E5-1650 3.5GHz 24 cores, 128 GB Ram, 2 x 2 TB hard disk in RAID1 and 1 Gbit network. 80 copies of the MetaTrader 5 platform were launched on this machine.
A traditional VPS reduces delays in connecting the platform to the broker's server. But at the same time it creates delays on the virtual machine itself. One way out would be to rent less busy servers or even a separate server. But that's a lot more expensive (e.g., $ 100 per month), especially compared to $ 15 for MetaTrader VPS.The virtual hosting service has no negative impact: your trading robots will always have enough resources. You also benefit from additional advantages that our solution offers:
- Quick start - no need to configure the system, seek professional help or study documentation. The solution is integrated into the platform and managed using a regular assistant.
- The applications from the market do not lose their activations when they are started on our VPS.
Request a MetaTrader VPS >>
How MetaTrader VPS works >>
- Will Nigeria really come under dictatorship?
- What is the best alternative to FastSpring
- Is there a better future for AWS
- Do you like sweet cucumbers
- What are single-phase transformers used for?
- How do birds protect themselves from rain
- Why is carbon dioxide a greenhouse gas
- Why does macroeconomy use aggregated indicators
- How can I discover my bot
- How is Mewat Engineering College in Haryana
- Where can I study law in Switzerland?
- Is bisexuality a natural sexual orientation
- What is a brief definition of physics
- How many pills would kill you
- What is a good daily facial scrub
- Why did the bookseller Borders go bankrupt
- Are the Smashing Pumpkins still performing?
- What successful authors have started self-publishing?
- Who steals mail
- Americans understand Jamaican patois
- When do people start to take care of each other
- What are the biggest misconceptions about design
- How to say cantaloupe in French
- Why is Zumba so popular