What is organic search in SEO
Paid versus organic search results
Search Network: Google Search
You are probably familiar with the situation: you need a good recipe quickly. You want to get offers for your next dream vacation. Or you would like to order your new PC from the comfort of your own home. To do this, go to Google, type your query into the search field, you will receive a large number of results - and you will find yourself on the Google search of the search advertising network.
Google gives you two types of hits: paid ads and unpaid (organic) search hits. The paid ones are the AdWords.
Paid ads: AdWords
The paid ads are on the Google search results page in the right column. If they are particularly relevant, they are even delivered in the color-shaded area above the organic hits. Here one speaks of the top positions, which, however, do not have to be occupied for every search query. In the right area you will find up to eight displays. Inferior rankings appear on the next search results pages, so they are only seen if a user calls them up via the navigation at the foot of the first page. Meanwhile, ads are even shown below the organic results. The areas of paid advertising are marked with the word »advertisements«. However, studies show that only every fifth user actually recognizes these so-called "sponsored links" as advertising.
Rather, it can be seen that a high proportion of visitors come to websites via these campaigns. And it is precisely these visitors who have high conversion rates compared to other sources. The paid hits, i.e. the AdWords ads on Google, are correctly referred to as search engine advertising or Search Engine Advertising (SEA). Although the term search engine marketing (SEM) is mostly used in practice, it actually includes both search engine disciplines: the acquisition of visitors via paid (SEA) as well as unpaid search hits (SEO). You will only appear on the advertising space if you are willing to pay if you are successful. Success is when the user clicks on your ad.
However, with the so-called "quality factor", Google also pursues the relevance approach: Relevant ads pay a lower price and / or are better placed. Conversely, less relevant advertisements are charged with a higher price and / or placed worse. This principle applies not only to the search network, but also to the display network.
Organic search hits
All remaining search hits on the results page are unpaid, organic results. In the figure above, more than 150 million search results were found. And only four organic search hits are completely displayed on the first screen page. You notice how difficult it is to position yourself in this highly competitive market. Nevertheless, of course, it remains feasible. The keyword here is search engine optimization (SEO). The most important points are only briefly mentioned:
- a clean implementation of the website in terms of design and technology
- Ample, well-weighted content with constant updates
- lots of high quality external and internal links
- positive user signals such as click rate and length of stay
To be successful, you need two things above all: a lot of know-how and a lot of time. Both working time and time until the measures take effect. SEO is a medium to long term process. AdWords, on the other hand, can help you in the short term!
>> Continue with: Google search partners
<< Back to: AdWords in the search network
- Is education just a means to earn an income?
- What is a safety rating
- Why is titanium used for body implants
- Why do Italians love tomatoes so much
- How much does fossil preparation pay
- Who would you call relaxed sleep
- What is Ash's best Pokemon
- Is moral absolutism a threat to society?
- What are the best restaurants in Kodaikanal
- Why wasn't Nepal colonized?
- Will still be used in 2019
- What happens when you eat red meat
- What do scientists think of artists?
- How does hypothyroidism affect the hearing?
- Which frame should I learn after Django
- What is urban transformation
- What are popular tech forums
- What are primary and secondary protein structures
- What is involved in AC repair
- What are girls' hostels in IITM
- What are the different types of actuaries
- All HBO original series are R rated
- Why do you hate communists and communism
- What are bioadhaesives
- What content sites have paywalls
- Are all races equally attractive
- What are the medical uses of Meprate
- Why do we overlook other people's problems
- Sneezing can cause a stroke
- Why do millennials lack customer service skills
- Is anyone more beautiful than Aishwarya Rai
- What kind of motor oil should people use?
- What was the first implementation of pi
- How do I convert CPP to EXE