What causes the gray-white covering
Can herbal hair colors cover gray hair?
When the first gray hairs appear or you are dissatisfied with your own natural hair color, dyeing can freshen up the look. Instead of burdening skin and hair with chemical dyes, many women now also use natural dyes made from henna and indigo. But can herbal hair color cover gray?
Why we get gray hair
Almost none of us are spared. At some point there will be a moment when we look in horror in the mirror and discover a strand of gray in our head of hair. A shock for many - after all, gray hair is usually a clear sign of age. In fact, women turn gray on average from the age of 35. But some of them already at 20, some only at 60 and a few happy ones maybe later or even never.
The scientific explanation for gray hair is relatively simple. Over time, our bodies produce less melanin, the pigment responsible for our hair color. As the hair grows, more and more melanin is missing in the strands. Instead, air bubbles are stored. That makes our hair turn white. In combination with the remaining color pigments, the strands then look gray. The graying is a gradual process that can drag on for years. Because our hair grows on average only about one centimeter per month and remains fused in the scalp for about two to six years until it falls out and makes room for new and potentially gray hair.
In addition to age, there are other reasons that can favor gray hair: Stress plays a major role in this. If you put in one overtime after the other and cannot rest even after work, the body can react with gray hair. Smoking or hormonal imbalances can also lead to gray hair. Thyroid disorders and nutrient and vitamin deficiencies are also seen as the cause.
By the way: The newly growing gray strands often look coarser than the rest of the hair. However, this impression is deceptive. Usually the gray hair is even finer, but unfortunately also drier. Because over time, the scalp produces less and less sebum, which causes a lack of suppleness and less shine. An extra portion of care is required!
Herbal hair colors are perfect for this, as they surround the hair like a protective coat and strengthen it. The color pigments fill up the hair and thus ensure a fuller head of hair. Since the natural color works like a second layer, every single strand becomes stronger and you get more volume overall.
Natural gray coverage with herbal hair colors - is that possible?
Lately you have been seeing amazing young women in the pedestrian zones of cities, on Instagram and in lifestyle magazines, who proudly present their gray hair. The so-called granny look is very popular. But these are not early signs of aging - these women have helped with silver shampoo and hair color to give their hair that certain something. While this trend should come in handy especially for women who are naturally gray, around half of all women still dye their hair to cover their real gray hair.
Can these women save expensive dyeing at the hairdresser's in the future and do without chemical dyes? Can herbal hair colors actually even cover gray hair? - Basically: Yes, herbal hair color can cover gray, even white hair can be over-colored. The only things to consider are the things that should be considered when dyeing with herbal hair colors. We have reported more on this in this article.
In general, however, the following applies: Herbal hair colors have a different effect on each hair and can produce different shades. Therefore, a certain brand or color can produce an individual result depending on the original color and hair type. This is due to the special functionality of herbal hair colors. The natural color pigments are applied to the cuticle and the shafts of the hair. They wrap the individual strands like a protective care coat. It's not surprising, by the way, that many women also report that their hair is stronger and has gained volume after dyeing - a great side effect.
In contrast to coloring with chemical agents, such a large color spectrum is not possible because the color palette is limited to natural tones. In addition, it is not possible with herbal hair dyes to dye the hair lighter than before. Because after coloring, the original color often still shimmers through. This is also good to know if you want to cover your gray hair with herbal hair colors. Because gray streaks always stay a little lighter even after dyeing, as the color naturally also surrounds the still colored hair and darkens it as well. However, this conjures up very beautiful color reflections and can make your head of hair look even more natural.
Covering gray hair is even possible with just one application at the manufacturer Radico Color Me. In principle, however, gray coverage is possible with any brand of herbal hair color. Starting with gray, blonde or light brown in particular are easy to color. If you want a darker color, we recommend that you approximate your hair to the perfect shade in two to three passes. This is how you effectively cover all gray hair.
By the way, not only when using for the first time, but also when re-dyeing, you may need several rounds of dyeing so that your approach adapts to your lengths. If you re-dye regularly, this will quickly become an advantage: The transitions become gentler, so that the difference between hairline and length is less noticeable and you have to resort to color less often than with chemical colors.
How to properly color your gray hair with herbal hair color
Before starting to dye, there is one thing that is important to know: With bleached or very light gray to white hair, there is a risk of a green or blue cast when using pure indigo. Therefore, you should either make a mixture of pure indigo with red henna or do a so-called 2-phase dyeing, in which you pre-treat gray hair and still colored hair with henna and then dye it dark. It works like this:
- As with "normal" dyeing, first lay out all the necessary utensils: a bowl for the henna color mixture, the herbal hair color, the gloves and paint brush provided, an old towel and a large-toothed comb - you're ready.
- In preparation, wash your hair with silicone-free shampoo or with the mineral earth pre-treatment from Logona. In this way you ensure that your hair is well prepared for dyeing with herbal hair dyes.
By the way: You can read in this article why you should avoid using silicone-containing shampoos even if you don't dye your hair.
- To prevent you from coloring your skin, it is best to apply a greasy cream to your ears and hairline. This prevents the herbal hair color from being absorbed and covering the skin instead of the gray hair.
- Using the manufacturer's coloring instructions, mix your henna color together. Not only the mixing ratio is important, but also the water temperature. Since you are pre-treating your hair with henna in the first phase, you should use boiling water. It is best to put on your gloves at this point to avoid staining your hands. Before you apply the color, you should let the paste cool down to around 40 ° C so as not to irritate the hair structure and scalp.
- With the towel around your shoulders, you can then apply the herbal hair color starting from the roots, part by part. A chunky comb can help to evenly lengthen the color. With short hair, kneading is sufficient.
- Then the first exposure time begins. It is best to wrap cling film, aluminum foil or, if available, a plastic warming hood, which many manufacturers include in their color packs, around the hair. Then add a towel turban or a hat - so the paint can soak in really well.
- How long the herbal hair color should work can be found in the packaging. These are longer than with chemical colors and, depending on the original hair color and desired shade, take two hours.
- Shortly before the end of the waiting period, you can then prepare everything for the second phase and mix the dark color. Since it contains a high proportion of indigo and this is damaged at over 50 ° C, the water temperature must be selected a little lower.
- Then it's time to wash out. Rinse your hair until the water runs clear again. Important: Do not use a shampoo because your herbal hair color has to set first.
- Now apply the dark herbal hair color in the same way as the henna and then wrap it up just as warming.
- After another waiting period, you can wash out the paint again. You should not use any shampoo for the next 24 hours either, so that the color is ideally set and thus lasts longer.
With the help of these instructions you should be able to dye bleached and light gray hair without a green cast and achieve a great result. The color may darken a little over the next few days, so it's best to wait before you start correcting the color. After a few washes, the color intensity may decrease somewhat, but the herbal hair color will not wash out completely like a tint.
As with any normal coloration, your roots will become visible again at some point. If you want, you can dye this without the rest of the hair, this creates a natural transition. Together with the streaks that usually arise when covering gray hair, your hair is given a unique look that can only be achieved with herbal hair colors.
Our selection of herbal hair colors
[stream = 126]
- How am I supposed to get proof of employment?
- What are film studies
- What does a zero-zero text message mean
- Which discourse analysis statistics are there
- Did golf make you a better person
- How much light does light contain
- What's die in jQuery
- How did oil replace coal?
- What was the Rainbow Project The Philadelphia Experiment
- Is RJIT a good institute
- German men shave their armpits
- How do scams run on the Internet
- Who is Andy Rubin
- Where are the children of celebrities educated?
- What is Bitcoin Wallet customer service
- How painful is laser eye surgery
- How does hypersomnia lead to frustration
- What are successful blog posting sites
- Relaxed reggae music
- Which printer is best for art prints
- What is unique about Haruki Murakami's work
- Which smartphone has the best bokeh?
- HackerEarth is well financed
- Why do computer programmers call themselves engineers?
- Sells petco fish
- Would you describe yourself as liberal
- What does yazhini mean
- There are seven children too many
- What are the arachnids classification
- How do the British see Margaret Thatcher
- Why we measure the resistance of the earth
- Which film is similar to XYZ
- How does your cat's purr affect you?