How can one prevent demonic possession
State of grace and demonic possession
Unfortunately, a Catholic who lives in the state of grace and has never committed a mortal sin could become diabolically possessed by one or more demons through no fault of their own. Sometimes a person is unaware that possession has taken place until it is too late.
Gabriele Amorth gives in his book " An exorcist tells his story " (Pp. 56-63) suggest the following reasons people become possessed by the devil:
With God's permission.
To be cursed by someone.
When faced with an evil eye.
A severe and hardened state of sin.
Association with evil people and places.
I know this doesn't sound fair, but a saint or someone who leads a holy life could be devilishly possessed and there are examples to prove it.
Saint Benedict of Nursia has dealt several times with the enemy of humanity, as we can see in the dialogues of Saint Gregory. For example, in chapter 30, St. Benedict rescued a monk from the hands of the evil one who wanted to disrupt the construction of a monastery.
Saint Benedict brings a monk back to life after being struck down by a falling wall. A goblin is hovering near the crumbling stone, waiting to cause further problems.
Possession by God's permission alone is extremely rare compared to being possessed by being cursed by someone. The crucified Saint Mary of Jesus (January 5, 1846 - August 26, 1878) is an excellent example of this. She was actually possessed by the devil during her lifetime. The crucified sister Mary of Jesus was beatified by Pope John Paul II on November 13, 1983 and canonized by Pope Francis on May 17, 2015.
Little Mariam Baouardy, today known as the sister of Mary crucified by Jesus, became known as a Carmelite nun on November 21, 1871. Before this action, she was exposed to severe supernatural adversity. One of the most terrible was the diabolical possession for a period of 40 days. She persisted in her simple filial belief in God the Son and his holy mother Mary. Their rewards were those reserved for the most privileged of people. She was fixed with the stigmata of her crucified Savior, experienced levitations, echoes of the heart, knowledge of the heart, prophecies, possession of the good angel and facial radiance. - "The little Arab"
Mariam (Mary crucified by Jesus)
Protecting ourselves from the devil is not magic (pardon the pun), but the Church does offer some helpful tools in our spiritual lives for union with God.
Live a holy and sacramental life, go to mass and receive holy communion in a state of grace.
Go to confession regularly (once a month). Br. Gabriele Amorth tells us that this sacrament is the most important step to be freed from the devil's clutch.
Wear or carry a blessed medal of Saint Benedict near you.
Wear the miracle medal around your neck. “All who wear them will receive great graces” when they are blessed.
Personally : I wear the miracle medal every day and always a St. Benedict medal in our car. The medal of St. Benedict I is blessed by the abbot of a local monastery according to the Roman ritual of the Extraordinary Rite, because this blessing contains a minor exorcism. The ones I give away occasionally are gold-plated and are also blessed by a priest of the Extraordinary Rite of Mass on the Feast of Epiphany with the blessing for gold, frankincense and myrrh (Benedictio Auru, Thuris and Myrrhae in Festo Epiphaniae) contain a small exorcism in this blessing . This blessing is reserved for this festival.
What is the difference between a major exorcism and a minor exorcism?
While both forms of exorcism are directed against the power of the devil, the rite of great exorcism is only used when it is a real demonic possession, namely when it is determined that the presence of the devil is in the body of the devil and possessed the devil is able to rule over this body.
Minor exorcisms are prayers that are used to break the influence of evil and sin in a person's life, whether as a catechumen preparing for baptism or as one of the baptized believers striving to defeat the influence of the Overcome evil and sin in their lives. - Frequently asked questions about exorcism
- What gives you a good heart
- How to get to Navrangpura in Ahmedabad
- What's the coolest idea you've ever shared
- What are roasts
- What is the chemical name of hydroxide
- How do drugs cure a disease?
- How does hearing loss lead to depression
- Which idea has harmed mankind the most?
- What clothes should I take with me to Nantes?
- Is electrical engineering a well-paying job
- Can you become addicted to cocaine?
- How do I raise a blind cat
- Trump supporters lose confidence in Trump
- What can you say about KL University
- How do I sell fragrances online
- Wikipedia is viewed as a propaganda hub
- What are some good vegetarian sushi options
- What is a Walmart Marketplace
- Where can I have tools designed
- What is lock striping while programming
- What are fruits for plants
- What attracts you to someone immediately
- Can narcissists love themselves
- What were the currencies in medieval England
- Which bike accessories do I need
- How to refill a scuba tank
- Why is Nintendo discontinuing support for Netflix
- How is the toy design industry changing
- Can prozac initially increase anxiety
- The e-commerce companies hurt small retailers
- Who are Netanyahu's rivals
- How dangerous is Satan
- What's the best enterprise wiki tool
- When did digital photography begin?