Willpower alone can overcome any obstacle
WOOP method: despite obstacles to success
Almost everyone has wishes and goals for their private and professional life. But how many of them do you really implement?
"I want to lose weight."
"I want to improve my relationship with my parents."
"I want to convince my boss to promote me."
Often such good resolutions fail because of the first obstacles. If you don't take the necessary time for your project, you lose sight of your goal in the stress of everyday life or you don't have enough willpower and energy to stick with it and overcome your fears.
Many productivity experts and motivational coaches advise you to focus as intensively as possible on the desired target state, instead of spending your energy on dealing with obstacles and possible problems. Visualizations of the desired future and affirmations (positive self-affirmations) should help to maintain motivation. Yet many people fail with these strategies.
It's not because they don't want to or they are doing something wrong. On the contrary: Your experience agrees with the findings of motivational psychological research, which now knows that a positive focus is not enough.
Various scientific studies have found that positive thinking and daydreaming alone are even counterproductive for achieving goals. In various studies, positive thinking had a sedative effect on the study participants: They already seemed to draw so many good feelings from the imagination that they were no longer active in real life to implement the changes.
On the other hand, if you became aware of what might prevent you from achieving your goal, paradoxically, you increased the likelihood of achieving it - provided you considered this to be feasible. This technology, which plays a central role for WOOP, will mental contrasting called.
Other studies showed that people achieved their goals and their approaches fixed in writing, were more successful than subjects who only made up an inner decision. Just by formulating a plan, the probability of success increased by 50 percent. Plans after the If-then scheme.
- What is the success of IVF
- What is the Chasles theorem in classical mechanics
- What is good running form
- What is the best application for learning
- What is another name internet
- When will we have spherical monitors
- Metformin is tough on the kidneys
- Why is poetry relevant to other literature
- Wat kind of foods improve hemoglobin
- Is mbappe better than Messi and Ronaldo
- What are some good piano radio stations
- Who is Tom Brady's sister married to
- What is Astrosat
- What breeds make up a German Shepherd Dog
- When penicillin is injected
- Why hasn't the government banned plastic bags?
- Can LiDAR penetrate clouds
- Gay male AMA
- What is the color for fall 2019
- Counts fanfiction as literature
- Is DDT illegal in the US
- Value always takes time
- Are foods that are blue toxic
- What do people have to stop doing?