Are all investors satisfied with their work?
What millennials want from work
For the Allianz study “Millennials: Work, Life & Satisfaction”, 1000 employed millennials (aged 18 to 36) in five countries (China, India, Germany, Great Britain and the USA) were surveyed. The traditionalists (see definitions of career types in the first article in this series) form the oldest group within millennials. You earn better than other career types, at least in Germany and the USA.
“Seekers”, the seekers among the millennials, are mostly younger and earn less in all the countries studied, which is typical for young professionals who still have to find their place in the world of work.
Respondents who pursue “traditional” or “new” career paths differ most when it comes to marital status and children. It is more likely that traditionalists are married and - especially millennials in China, the UK and the US - have children. At least in these countries, traditional career paths seem to be more suitable for starting a family.
The results of the study are extremely interesting for the recruiting of new employees: “For those who are in a traditional employment relationship or who are striving to do so, work is a much more important part of their life. They also seem to be more motivated, ”explains Dominik Hahn. 80 percent of those surveyed in India and over 70 percent in Germany and the USA who have embarked on the traditional career path consider the job to be a central part of their lives.
So it is not surprising that employees on the traditional career path also have the highest work ethic. Traditionalists from the USA (79 percent) show the greatest willingness to perform at their best, even if this means extra work for them. Accordingly, the traditionalists in the USA say they work an average of six hours more per week than the “Free Spirits”.
- Has ICAI ever asked RTP questions
- What makes Thai jasmine rice so fragrant
- Can an FTM produce semen
- Are seedless watermelons a vegetable?
- Australians celebrate Christmas in July
- Is there an earthquake detection system
- How is machine learning for ECE students
- What does Back on Instagram mean
- What keeps Tim Cook awake at night
- What is IEX exchange
- Should the fire holes open to the outside
- What are the numbers that correspond to 32?
- What is OHLC
- Why is a sentence true
- What was your best facepalm moment
- What is the coaching committee
- Which is the complete hotel management system
- Is Bombay Velvet worth a watch
- Russia is building an Internet Iron Curtain
- What is a car
- Have you lost weight cutting out dairy products
- How are you so sweet
- Hallucinations are common
- What bothers children of primary school age