What was email originally designed for?
News portal - Ruhr University Bochum
Update December 21, 2017, 1:20 p.m.
After the news about the new e-mail addresses for alumni was published, there were many questions. Above all, who exactly is considered a scientist at RUB and therefore belongs to the exception group for the new alumni e-mail address.
In order to meet the various needs of RUB members and staff on the subject, nothing will change for the time being when it comes to using the RUB e-mail address. Anyone who has such an e-mail address can continue to use it, even if they leave the RUB.
A long-term model for the use of the RUB e-mail address is to be developed in 2018, which the Rectorate will discuss with the various committees.
Since the end of November 2017 there is a new e-mail address for RUB alumni. You can find all the answers to the most frequently asked questions here:
Who can get the new alumni email address?
The following groups of people can use an email account with the new address:
- retired former RUB employees
Anyone who registers in the alumni directory and belongs to one of the two groups of people can apply for the new e-mail address (first [email protected]). Details on the requirements can be found on the website of the alumni network.
Why was the new address introduced?
Membership in the Ruhr University is expressed through the RUB e-mail address, among other things. Many licensed products use this feature to verify membership. As a rule, however, when you leave the RUB, membership for students and employees expires.
The e-mail address that is used while studying or working at RUB is therefore no longer accessible to the respective account holder after leaving the RUB and will be blocked after a certain transition period.
Are there any exceptions?
Yes. Scientists can still use their RUB email address even after they have left the university. According to the university management, this exception will soon be taken into account in the operating regulations for e-mail addresses within an updated user regulation so that they have permanent access to the e-mail account.
What happens to the alumni accounts that have previously used the so-called permanent RUB email address?
All alumni who have set up a permanent RUB e-mail address (first [email protected]) can continue to use it. Nothing will change for these email accounts.
- Makes you attractive to playing the guitar
- What's the way of Bollywood
- How successful are people in art school
- Should I go to college to study physics
- Why is Quora full of sad stories
- Who is your favorite underrated musician?
- This is how Solr indexing works
- Why are people leaving Honduras
- What can I join the Air Force
- What is the answer to 0
- I bought yogurt healthy in the store
- What if humans were reptiles?
- How wooden houses are made strong
- What factors make people gullible?
- What is the best VPS for Forex
- Was Trump's election a mistake 1
- How are you so sweet
- How do you drink wine
- What is hot yoga
- Is ww3 real
- What does Midol do
- What is Bitcoin Wallet customer service
- What do you like about bebop jazz
- What if we fail in love
- Which UX tool is the best
- How does hearing loss lead to depression
- What is an aphorism in Nietzsche
- Whoever writes collects our stories
- Did V and Jimin actually shower together
- Count Facebook messages as email
- Flipkart really sells original products
- Will the Vatican take in a Muslim refugee?
- How about the perfect airport
- All HBO original series are R rated