What is neurotransmitter
Neurotransmitters are biochemical substances that transmit, amplify or modulate stimuli from one nerve cell to another nerve cell or cell.
Electrical impulses (action potentials) entering the synapse cause the chemical messenger substances to be released from their storage locations, the vesicles, into the synaptic gap, from which they diffuse to the receptors of the downstream neuron. The action potentials are thus converted into chemical information and at the same time amplified. The neurotransmitters are quickly enzymatically inactivated and broken down after they are released.
Neurotransmitters can be classified according to many different aspects. Overall, it is a chemically very heterogeneous group. A common division is the classification according to their chemical characteristics into monoamines, peptides and amino acids. The neurotransmitters can also be easily divided into small-molecule substances and neuroactive peptides.
The monoamines or biogenic amines include:
Another class of neurotransmitters are neuroactive peptides, which in turn can be divided into different subclasses.
3.2.2 Neurokinins (Tachykinins)
3.2.3 Other neuropeptides
3.3 amino acids
see also: NMDA receptor
4 Pharmacology of the transmitter systems
5 web links
- Was the Iran tanker crisis avoidable
- What is stronger timing or luck
- Before the internet, school was more challenging
- What is it like to have a high latent inhibition
- What is the sum of 99 11
- What are the good colleges in Namakkal
- Why doesn't the moon earth collide?
- It is worth buying the Dominar 2019
- Why are people settled without parents
- What if Y 9 9
- Notifies Instagram logins
- How do you say together in Dutch
- Why can't you see the stars
- How leopards hunt for food
- What is effective reach
- What were George Washington's successes and failures
- What is bio-computer
- Have gays straight sex
- You will need pain medication after liposuction
- How popular is Google Docs
- What animals have five or fewer bones?
- What can be the simplest death
- What is 111 111 111 111 111
- Which is more precisely numerology or astrology